26 Apr Hamilton homeownership down payment assistance
Hamilton homeownership down payment assistance
The City of Hamilton released notice that their Homeownership Down Payment Assistance Program is being rolled out in the beginning of May.
The program is to assist low to moderate-income Hamiltonians that are interested in purchasing a home. Applications will be available starting on May 3rd, 2018 and will be received at the Housing Services office at 181 Main Street West, 3rd Floor, Hamilton, ON L8P 4S1.
To be eligible, applicants:
- Must be over the age of 18
- Have been renting in the City of Hamilton for at least the last 6 months
- Do not currently own a home or property
- Be a legal resident of Canada and intend to have this home as their one and only residence
- Qualify for a mortgage with a maximum home price of $375,000 (verification from a federally recognized bank or credit union)
- Have a combined maximum gross income of $80,000 annual income of all members of the household
- Do not have, and are not in a spousal relationship, including a same-sex spousal relationship with a person that has, any form of interest in ownership of a property
- Students are not eligible to apply for this program
For more information please contact the Housing Administration Clerk: 905-546-2424 ext 1554.
Send me a message so I can assist with your search for a home that fits your needs.